Best Finish Nailer Reviews – This article will be all about finish nailers. A finish nailer is mainly used for internal carpentry work. This line of job mainly includes crowning, moulding, base boarding, as well as chair railing.
The purpose of using a finish nail gun is to increase the aesthetic looks of your work. If you are looking forward to adding some unique flair and personality to your piece of work, then finish nailers would be the correct option for you.
We have provided a list of the best Finish Nailer Reviews available in the market for you to consider in accordance with your work. Find out Finish Nailer Reviews details information.
Best Finish Nailer Reviews with Buying Guide
|DEWALT Finish Nailer||Check On Amazon|
|NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic 16-Gauge||Check On Amazon|
|Paslode – 902400 16 Gauge Angled Cordless Finish Nailer||Check On Amazon|
|Hitachi NT65MA2 15 Gauge||Check On Amazon|
|Senco 4G0001N FinishPro||Check On Amazon|
What to look for when purchasing a Finish Nailer?
The gauge of the nails and angle of the magazine are the first and foremost factors you should consider while purchasing a finish nailer. Apart from these factors, below provided are some other factors which you need to consider likewise:
- Tool-less Jam Cleaning:
After completion of a job, a nailer might get jammed since it was used for a prolonged time. Thus cleaning it is mandatory. Make sure that you purchase such a product which provides the feature of tool-less jam clearing.
- Actuation Mode:
The default mode for a finish nailer is sequential actuation. Here you need to press the contact tip of the gun to the mounted workpiece and then pull the trigger to push in the nail onto the workpiece. Some machines also have another mode known as bump mode where you need to press the trigger and bump the contact tip to the surface of the workpiece to push the nail on to the surface. The bump mode is quite helpful for heavy users.
- Tool-less Depth Selection:
Choosing a nailer which allows tool-less depth adjustment makes your work much more comfortable and quicker.
- Anti-Dry Fire:
Anti-dry fire refers to the firing of an empty clip when the magazine is empty. It causes damage to the product and also to your workpiece. Make sure that you purchase a product which has the feature of anti-dry fire.
- Adjustable Exhaust:
While using a pneumatic finish nailer, the released air along with small debris needs to be released away from your face when working with the same. Thus, make sure that you choose a nailer which has an adjustable exhaust pipe.
Considering a comfortable grip is mandatory when it comes to using a nailer for long periods throughout the day. Therefore, look for a product which has a cushion along with a sturdy and spacious grip, comfortable enough for the grasp of your hand.
What are the types of Finish Nailers?
There are mainly 3 types of finish nailers available in the market. These are as follows:
- Corded Finish Nailers:
These are the most basic of those nailers which needs a constant source of power when it comes to using the same. These nailers provide a lot of firepowers and can drive in through any hard surface of the mounting material with ease.
They can be sometime a bit hefty and hard to handle but if you are looking for the maximum firepower of a nailer gun, you will be purchasing the correct product as per your requirement.
- Cordless Finish Nailers:
These nailers are of the variant where no cord is attached to them. Usually, they are battery-powered and do not provide much power when compared to the corded ones. These finish nailers are much suitable for DIY jobs and not for professional ones. However, you can purchase the same if your workplace is quite impractical.
Although it provides a much lesser amount of punching power, it does the work anyhow since the primary purpose of finish nailers is to punch in nails onto different surfaces.
- Pneumatic Finish Nailers:
These nailers work with the help of an air compressor which uses the mechanical power of air to punch in nails on to the surface of different surfaces. Just like the cordless nailers, these products also do not provide much power and is also not suitable for punching in nails onto hard surfaces.
Thus, consider using the same if you are comfortable with using a nailer which needs an air compressor to be carried with it always in addition to a lesser amount of power than the tradition corded nailers in the market.
These nailers also cost more than the tradition corded nailers likewise.
Best Finish Nailers for Woodworking
1. DEWALT Finish Nailer, 16GA, 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch (D51257K)
This is a pneumatic finish nailer whose price varies from $250 to $300, thus making it quite an expensive piece of equipment for most consumers.
The product can use nails of varying sizes and thus would help you a lot with your interior carpentry requirements in an effective way. Just before working with it, make sure that you hold it upright since it is a straight finish nailer. Using this product at an angle might cause accessibility issues.
As for its features, this finish nailer comes in with a tool-free depth adjustment, and it can be cleared off any sorts of a jam without the need of any secondary tool. The 360-degree adjustable exhaust is quite useful when it comes to adjusting the same with respect to the user’s position.
- This product can use a variety of nails, thus making it versatile with its functionality.
- The depth adjustment and jam clearing can be done without the need for any secondary tool.
- The exhaust pipe can be adjusted to a full 360 degrees.
- The product comes in with a 3-year warranty and also a whole year of free servicing.
- If you do not happen to like the product, the manufacturer refunds your money back within 90 days.
- There is no option for bump actuation mode.
- It needs to help upright when working since using it at an angle causes accessibility issues.
- The nails which are fitted into its magazine are quite expensive.
2. NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic 16-Gauge 2-1/2″ Straight Finish Nailer Ergonomic and Lightweight Nail Gun with Tool-Free Depth Adjust and No-Mar Tip
This is also a pneumatic finish nailer which however comes at an affordable price range than the DEWALT model. Even if this product comes with a low price tag, it sure does have a lot of features which no other product within this price range would offer. It has an ergonomic design with a tool-less depth adjustment feature along with a no-mar tip.
This product comes in with a sequential actuation trigger in addition to an adjustable exhaust. This nailer is, however, a straight finish nailer which means that just like the previous product, it needs to be used in an upright position for practical usage. Also, it has a big magazine capacity which can hold more nails.
- This product way too less if its vast list of features is compared. No other product would provide such features at this price.
- It has a tool-less depth adjustment feature.
- The exhaust pipe can be adjusted to complete 360 degrees.
- Unlike DEWALT, the nails used in its magazine are cheap.
- It doesn’t come with a bump actuation mode.
- If any jamming occurs, it needs to be done manually with the help of specific tools.
- No belt hook is available with this product.
3. Paslode – 902400 16 Gauge Angled Cordless Finish Nailer – Battery and Fuel Cell Powered – No Compressor Needed
This unique finish nailer falls under the category of cordless nailers in the market. If your workplace is somewhat impractical to carry an air compressor, then this nailer would be the perfect choice for you. However, the cost of a cordless nailer is far higher than any pneumatic nailer, so keep that in mind before opting in for the same.
This is an angled nailer. Therefore, no need to hold it upright always. You can use it in an angled position to make it work efficiently. Also, angled nailers make it easier for you to access places which are hard to reach.
- The price is somewhat reasonable even though it is a cordless finish nailer.
- It has a tool-free depth adjustment feature.
- It also has a tool-free jam clearing feature.
- The product comes in with a Swivel hook belt.
- The magazine attached to this product is angled.
- The product has a warranty of 5 years.
- The product can only be used with Paslode Nails, so that might be an issue for some users.
- The exhaust cannot be adjusted.
- There is no bump actuation mode.
- The operating cost of this nailer is high.
4. Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch to 2-1/2 Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer with Air Duster
This is one of the best 15-gauge finish nailers available in the market. It is a pneumatic nailer with an angled magazine for efficient and quick loading of nails. The angled magazine has various advantages, the major one being the ability to reach places where a straight nailer cannot reach.
The equipment comes in with a built-in actuation mode selection switch. With the help of this switch, the user can efficiently switch between sequential mode and bump mode without any hassle. The exhaust is adjustable and has an integrated air duster for keeping out all sorts of dust and debris inside the machine. The availability of ergonomic grip is quite beneficial when it comes to effective handling of the nailer.
- The product has affordable pricing.
- It comes with the feature of tool-free depth adjustment.
- The exhaust is adjustable.
- The angle of the magazine attached is placed at 34 degrees.
- The product comes in with a 5-year limited warranty.
- The jam release needs to be done manually at times.
5. Senco 4G0001N FinishPro 42XP 15-Gauge 1-1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Finish Nailer with Case
This nailer is an absolute beast when it comes to working on woods with different level of hardness with ease. The magazine capacity of this product is 104 nails which are more than enough when it comes to doing moderate level jobs.
This Senco Gun is quite beneficial when it comes to working on base mouldings, cabinets, flooring, crown moulding, and even door and window casting. Thus, this product is quite helpful for DIY jobs since it has quite a vast number of applications.
- It is made out of magnesium housing.
- There is no need for oil while using this product.
- It has the feature of tool-free jam clearing.
- The exhaust is adjustable to the extent of a total of 360 degrees.
- The equipment is a misfire and double fire-resistant.
- No-mar pad is available.
How to Use a Finish Nailer?
Follow the steps mentioned below to use a Finish Nailer efficiently.
1. Loading: firstly, you need to load the nails into the magazine of the nailer.
2. Positioning: depending on what sort of product you have purchased, whether angled or straight, use the product accordingly.
If your product is a straight finish nailer, position it in an upright state and pull the trigger. This should push in the nail on to the material.
If your product is an angled finish nailer, hold it in an angled state and pull the trigger. Your job should be done with ease.
Also, an angled finish nailer is quite easy to use in comparison to a straight one since the angled ones can reach a more significant distance when it comes to punching nails onto various surfaces.
3. Finishing: After the nail has been punched into the surface of the material, blow the dust away from the surface and present your polished work with pride!
Thus, we are about to conclude with this Finish Nailer Reviews, Finishing Nail Gun here. But before completing you might be wondering which product you should choose, right?
Well, it entirely depends on which product suits you the best. You need to purchase such a piece of equipment which suits your requirements and needs in addition to your budget also.
Thus, follow up nicely through this review to get a clear idea on the top 5 products in our list, and it is undoubtedly to help you out with your confusion with so many products available in the market currently!