Best Siding Nailers – The best of the siding nailers available in the market are used for installing siding in your home. The working principle of a best siding nailer is quite different than a farming one. A best siding nailer is used to join thin pieces of non-wooden material into a wooden mount.
However, some people still use various other nailers for this job, but that is not the correct way to do it. If you are looking for the best siding nailer reviews in the market, then there are a lot of options to choose from.
Best Siding Nailers on the Market
|BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer||Check On Amazon|
|Metabo HPT Coil Siding Nailer||Check On Amazon|
|Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic||Check On Amazon|
|Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic 15 Degree||Check On Amazon|
Types of Siding Nailers
There are mainly 3 types of siding nailers available in the market. These are as follows:
- Coil Siding Nailer
Here the working mechanism is based on a solenoid that turns a metal piston. The piston consists of a front rod, which in turn rotates the nail. The solenoid can pull in the pin towards itself and make adjustments accordingly.
Several solenoids are used in the nailer, and each one can be turned on or off, respectively, based on how much power the user requires.
- Cordless Siding Nailer
A cordless siding nailer has a similar working principle to that of the other siding nailer, the only difference being that it does not have any wire or cord attached to it. The power source of this nailer is usually a battery rather than an air compressor.
- Pneumatic Siding Nailer
A Pneumatic Siding Nailer functions with the help of airpower. This simply means that vast amounts of air pressure are required when it comes to driving the nails onto various materials. An air compressor is needed to make this nailer work efficiently.
What to look for when buying a siding nailer?
There are various factors to consider when it comes to purchasing the best siding nailer available in the market. These factors are as follows:
- Versatility: Whenever you are about to buy a siding nailer, make sure that you choose one with versatile usability.
- Performance and speed: while purchasing a siding nailer, make sure you get one from a well-known manufacturer since the products will provide high performance in addition to good nailing speed.
- Control: The product you are purchasing should be easy to control.
- Ergonomics: This means how well a nailer can perform. Of course, you would be purchasing a nailer with a higher performance rate rather than a low one.
- Power: Based on your workplace, if you need to work with hard objects throughout the day, you might consider the need for a powerful siding nailer.
- Price and Warranty: The amount of money you want to spend on the purchase of your siding nailer is entirely dependent on you. But make sure that you always choose a product which is within your price range. Also, make sure that you choose a nailer that comes with a warranty in case the product happens to malfunction after a certain period.
- Durability: Surely, you will be purchasing a siding nailer that is durable and provides an excellent service than a cheap and fragile one.
- Exhaust: It is always necessary to choose a product that has a sound exhaust system to throw out all of the dust particles from the equipment. These dust particles, if stored inside the equipment, would make the product jam with prolonged usage.
How to use a Siding Nailer?
There are various processes that you need to follow to use the siding nailer efficiently. These are as follows:
- Loading: First of all, you need to load the nails into the magazine of the nailer carefully.
- Positioning: After loading, you need to connect the nailer to a power source and adjust the nailer accordingly where you want to nail.
- Triggering: After correctly positioning the nailer, pull the trigger to punch in the nail onto the surface of the mounting material.
- Finishing: After punching in the nailer, the nail will pierce through the mounted material. You need to blow away and dust from the nailer and the workplace to make it look clean.
In this siding nailer review, we have chosen the top 5 nailers, which will help you to initialize your job with ease.
5 Best Siding Nailers in 2020 | Coil Siding Nailer Reviews
1. BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer, 1-1-1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch (N66C)
BOSTITCH offers the top class siding nailers in the market when it comes to choosing one. It is not as powerful as most other siding nailers in the market, but it does the job in quite an efficient way. It has a vast number of features to consider and can be used to drive in two different kinds of nails without any problem. This product would be the best option for you to consider if you are on a tight budget.
This model of BOSTITCH is both powerful yet affordable at this price range. The adjustable nail depth and durable aluminum hosing are what makes this product unique. Also, the lightweight is of great advantage when it comes to using this product for more extended periods. The weight of this product is only 4.9 pounds.
- The exhaust pipe can be adjusted without the need for any secondary tool.
- It has an adjustable depth guide.
- The product comes with softwood protection with a rubber foot.
- It works efficiently with any air compressor.
- Some users have reported issues that this product is not powerful enough when it comes to its working capability.
- The product lacks a built-in air filter.
2. Hitachi NV65AH2 Coil Siding Nailer, 2-1/2-Inch
As you know, Hitachi is a well-known company when it comes to manufacturing the best siding nailers in the market. This product has a tilt bottom magazine that allows the quick and efficient loading of the nails and also offers a tool-less depth adjustment feature. It has two working modes, namely, sequential and contact. The product also comes in with an additional protective plastic shield.
This is a very powerful siding nailer that can punch in 200-300 nails at a time. It can also drive in nails of larger diameter at a rate of 3 nails per second. Depth adjustment is efficient and easy with the product along with the presence of a trigger, which would allow you to switch between the sequential or contact working modes. The accuracy and safety of this product are massive.
- It has an adjustable air deflector.
- The depth adjustment is made with the help of a dial, which is quite useful.
- The magazine is sideloaded and tilted, therefore allowing quick loading of nails into the equipment.
- It has a built-in switch, which is used to change the working modes effortlessly.
- Jamming is not an issue with this product, but it can, once in a while.
- Users have reported issues that it double fires, but that is also rare.
- It is not consistent enough in shooting nails to the proper depth.
3. Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic 15 Degree 2-1/2″ Coil Siding Nailer Ergonomic and Lightweight Nail Gun with Tool-Free Depth Adjust and Side Load Magazine
This is one of the best budget siding nailers you can ever have access to in the market. Within this price range, this siding nailer happens to provide a set of unique features that no other nailer would provide.
Many users were surprised to discover that this product has a built-in safety lock, which does not allow empty shots to be fired when the nail magazine is empty. Also, it has an adjustable exhaust. This is the best budget sliding nailer you could ever use with various unique features.
- The product comes in with a built-in air and dust filter.
- It has a safety lock feature built into its trigger.
- It will work efficiently with any air compressor, which would be able to provide constant air pressure.
- The product comes with one working mode. No availability of sequential and contact modes.
- The depth needs to be adjusted manually with the users’ fingers.
- It does lack some power since it a budget siding nailer.
4. DEWALT DW66C-1 2-1/2 Inch 15 Degree Coil Siding and Fencing Nailer
If you are looking for a long-lasting siding nailer that would provide you with a reliable service for an extended period, then DEWALT DW66C would be the perfect choice for you. This nailer comes with various components such as bumpers and driver, which in turn increases the durability of the equipment.
This product can drive in both plastic nails as well as wired nails with ease. Since the versatility of the nailer increases due to this feature, therefore, this nailer can be used efficiently for various job purposes.
Also, the nailer has an adjustable exhaust port, which will allow you to adjust the exhaust pipe so that no sorts of dust or debris affect you while you work. It will eventually keep away harmful substances from you and your workplace.
It is made of aluminum, thus increasing the durability of the nailer to a great extent. Therefore, you can be rest assured that this product would not get damaged easily, and also it would be quite lightweight and can be used for more extended periods without any sore hands.
The components, such as bumpers and drivers, increase the longevity of the product. The depth adjustment can be made without the need for any external tool, and you can quickly and efficiently punch in nails to any surface with the help of this nailer.
- The product has a robust and solid body.
- Since it is made of aluminum, it is very lightweight.
- It has an excellent grip, which eases the handling of the product.
- Either of wire nails or plastic nails can be driven into any surface with ease.
- It is compatible with different sizes of nails.
- If nails are kept loaded into its magazine for an extended time, then they are likely to get damaged in not used.
5. 2-1/2″” Siding Coil Nailer
There are a few nailers which allow the user to manually select a mode before the kind of they are starting with. However, this one siding nailer here allows the same without any hassle.
This nailer can switch between 3 working modes for various nailing jobs.
This product allows its users to make a choice between 3 working modes, namely, lock, sequential, and contact. These can be selected based on what sort of work the user is performing with this nailer.
The product comes in with a built-in air drifter which does not allow any dust to reside inside the equipment. Also, it has a quick and easy loading canister, which even will enable nails of various sizes to be stored in the magazine, making the nailer more versatile than the rest of the products available in the market.
- The product is made out of aluminum, thus making it durable and lightweight.
- The magazine can load different kinds of nails.
- It has a large magazine capacity.
- It has 3 working modes, namely, sequential, bounce, and lock.
- It has an easy to use adjustable depth drive.
- It has a soft nose tip to protect the surface of the material over which it is used.
- Users might require some time to getting adjusted to this product since it is not so easy to handle.
The best of the siding nailers do provide excellent finishing to your workplace. So our last suggestion to you would be to choose such a product which would give you the best output likewise.
Make sure that you follow this best siding nailer review provided so that you can make a decision effectively. We assure you that the above report contains the correct list of information you would need to find the effective siding nailer for your job.